While we accept that most of today’s service and knowledge businesses are competency driven and that people are our biggest assets, historically, (at least the IT) organizations have focused more on proactively improving their delivery processes and their investments in technology.
In fact, the current global hue-and-cry on talent shortfalls and high attrition rates in IT/ITES are only a tip of the iceberg. At the business level, there are imperatives like improving productivity, moving-up the value chain, enhancing competitiveness and getting closer to the customers. At the organization level, issues like managing a multi-cultural and multi-geography workforce, managing rapid growth and creating “cool” work cultures continue to take a large mind – share of business leaders and HR professionals. All this, while today’s professional is trying to get multi-skilled and chart a clear career path for himself.
So, it’s not good enough to win the “talent wars”. It’s also not enough to try solutions (like Business Process Reengineering, Employee Stock Options, Assessment Centers and 360-degree appraisals) in a piece-meal manner. Instead, the need of the hour is to take a holistic view of the organization’s business, culture, technology and talent needs and develop comprehensive competency development programs to attract, retain and grow the talent. The imperative is to adapt solutions based on an integrated and proactive approach towards developing and engaging talent, growing the business and delighting the customers.
- Attracting, developing, deploying, motivating, organizing and retaining the talent
- Ensuring alignment between the individual’s and organization’s motivations
- Developing workforce competencies required to execute business strategy
- Prioritizing activities for improving workforce competencies
- ;Integrating operational process improvements with workforce process improvements
- Measuring training effectiveness
- Enhancing employee and customer satisfaction levels
- Enhancing talent management by optimum utilization of manpower through better skill and competency mapping
- Managing attrition and lay-offs
- Providing motivation in a highly dynamic work environment
How QAI Can Help
QAI provides a wide range of competency development, consulting and appraisal services to help the organizations in organizing and managing their workforce. QAI helps organizations by:
- Focusing on the people development and HR best practice implementations in organizations
- Providing end-to-end People CMM® implementation support
- Consulting, training and assessment services
- HR consulting and training in the areas of: Recruitment and compensation practices, Attrition Management, Employee satisfaction and motivation, Competency Management, Performance Management System, People CMM® Internal Auditors Skills, HR Process definition and documentation services
- Helping organizations in implementing Six Sigma practices in HR
- E-Learning offerings