Certified Scrum Master
The Certified Scrum Master training is designed to assist traditional project managers, test professionals, analysts, programmers and other members of the development team as they transit into their new roles as Scrum development team members, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and facilitators of large scale Scrum at the organizational level. The course is taught from the perspective of the Scrum Master role, but anyone needing an understanding of the basic Scrum framework will find this course valuable.
This 2-day event presents the attendee with an outstanding opportunity to become immersed in learning Agile principles and the Scrum Framework. ScrumMaster Certification is your first major step in the journey towards this adaptive and empirical form of work organization and will familiarize you with all the elements of the Scrum framework.
To display a working understanding of:
- the Agile approach to project management
- the lean and agile principles that underlie Scrum
- how Scrum can help them create products that “delight” their users
- how to transition to organizational Scrum
- Scrum Theory and background
- Scrum Meetings
- Scrum Roles
- Sprint Planning. Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective
- ScrumMaster, Product Owner, Scrum Team
- Scrum Artifacts
- Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Progress Monitoring Charts, Product Increment
- Agile Manifesto
- Scrum Foundations
- Scrum compared to Waterfall
- Scrum Values and where can you best use Scrum
- Overview of Scrum Roles
- ScrumMaster: Responsibilities & Authority
- Product Owner: Responsibilities, Authority, Constraints…etc.
- The Team: Responsibilities, Authority, Teamwork & Characteristics.
- Impact on Traditional Roles.
- Sprint Planning Meeting
- Daily Scrum Meeting
- Sprint Review Meeting
- Sprint Retrospective Meeting
- Release Planning Meeting
- Product Backlog
- Product Increment and the Definition of Done
- Sprint Backlog
- Burndown Charts & Taskboards
Putting it all Together
- ScrumMaster Responsibilities and Skills
- Scrum Simulation
- Class Celebration & Retrospective
Who Should Attend
- Project / Product / Development Managers
- Architects / Developers / Testers
- Business unite Heads / CIOs / CTOs
- On completion of the course and passing the online exam, attendees receive official designation as “Certified ScrumMaster” by the Scrum Alliance.
About Steve Spearman
Steve Spearmanis a founder and Principal at Swift Ascent, LLC. Steve is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) and an Agile coach working at the enterprise and team levels. Stevehas over 30 years of experience in corporate software development as a software developer, architect, project manager, scrum master and in multiple management positions. His enterprise experience spanned Bell Laboratories, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya, and Cisco Systems.
For the last 4 years, Steve has been providing Agile-focused training and coaching to companies ranging from late-stage startups to large corporations. Organizations that he has consulted with include:Schwab, Capital One, EMC, Razorfish, Cisco, Hulu, IEEE, Bank of America, GoGo Business, and Ericsson. He has been a presenter at several conferences, including the 2012 Agile East conference, Mile Hi Agile 2014, Scrum Gathering 2014, and Agile 2014. He will be speaking on Agile Scaling at Agile East 2015 as well.
Steve has a BA in Psychology and a Masters in Computer Science. His other certifications include: SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), PMI-ACP, PMP, Certified Scrum Product Owner, and Certified ScrumMaster.
Steve lives in the Denver, Colorado area with his wife Donna. He’s an avid traveler and Scuba diver.
You can find more information on Steve’s background &recent engagements at