QAI consulting intervention typically follows the following roadmap:
- Overview training on the model/framework to be used
- Gap analysis to measure the process capability of an organization
- Action planning based on the output of the gap analysis
- Process definition and enhancement, includes process definition, process review etc.
- Process pilot and institutionalization/implementation, includes facilitation, audits, spot checks etc.
- Competency development using various modes like eLearning, instructor led training, mentoring etc.
- Pre-appraisal/pre-certification audit, to check organization’s readiness for the final appraisal/certification audit
- Final appraisal/certification audit
QAI works with its clients to define the entire Quality Management System (QMS) with the client, using the model and the industry best practices as the base. The QMS includes elements like processes, templates, checklists, guidelines and standards to standardize the way of working in the organization. During the process definition phase QAI’s consultants can support the client in multiple modes like purse advisory, staff augmentation and process definition outsourcing.
QAI reviews the process documentation of client organizations to assess adequacy, effectiveness and conformance to the model/framework requirements. Comments and recommendations are provided to make the documentation effective, usable and compliant to the model/framework .
Process Deployment Facilitation
QAI works with its clients to pilot and institutionalize the processes by providing various services like trainings, audits, spot checks etc. to implement the processes. This typically involves working with the client team for planning the process improvement journey, trainings, piloting, auditing and monitoring the progress.
QAI is authorized by SEISM to conduct the Official Introduction to CMMI® Training, which is a mandatory requirement for an organization to undergo the final appraisal – Standard CMMI®Appraisal Method for Process Improvement (SCAMPISM) and to conduct SCAMPISM appraisals.
This is a readiness check conducted by QAI’s SEISM Lead Assessor, based on the same guidelines of SCAMPISM. This acts like a mock assessment. It gives the organization a flavor of how the actual appraisal would look like and helps organization determine their readiness for the formal appraisal, thereby reducing the risk of failure in the final appraisal.
QAI offers the formal SCAMPI A appraisal for its clients. QAI has a team of 8 highly experienced, SEISM Authorized Lead Appraisers with a cumulative experience of having conducted more than 250 appraisals/assessments.